Question 3: (15 marks) MelbCity Ltd has provided the estimates below for the January - March quarter in 2016: January February March $ $ $ Sales of inventory 80,000 70,000 90,000 Purchases of inventory 20,000 30,000 40,000 Operating expenses 20,000 21,000 23,500 You are also given the following additional information: • 25% of sales are cash sales, the remaining 75% are credit sales and are collected as follows: o 30% of credit sales are collected in the month of sale o 70% of credit sales are collected in the following month after sale • Sales in the month of December 2015 were $42,000. • All purchase of inventory is made on credit and are paid for in the same month they are incurred. • Operating expenses include depreciation expense each month of $3,000. All expenses are paid for in the same month they are incurred. • Loan repayments of $10,000 per month are due to start in February. • The firm expects to sell some old machinery for $5,000 in January. New machinery worth $70,000 will be purchased in March (depreciation expense will not change as a result). • The cash balance on 30th December 2015 is $5,000. REQUIRED: a) Prepare a Schedule of expected receipts from Debtors (Account receivable) for MelbCity Ltd for the three months January to March 2016. Show all workings. b) Prepare a cash budget for MelbCity Ltd for the three months January to March 2016. Show all workings. c) MelbCity Ltd is budgeting for a cash deficit at the end of one of the months included in their cash budget. Briefly explain how MelbCityLtd could prepare for this forecasted deficit.
© 2015 MSA Homework Help All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: MSA Homework Help provides reference papers to the student and we strongly recommend you not to submit the papers as it is. Please use our solutions as model answer to improve your skills.