For further query you can Contact Us :
Login | New Register
Cash Flow Statement
Some might argue that the statement of cash flows is an optional financial statement and does not provide critical information needed for a firm or investor to succeed. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
There are two methods for constructing the statement of cash flows: the direct method and the indirect method. What are the similarities and differences between the two methods? Which of the two is most preferred? Which is required by FASB?
Ratio analysis involves calculations that use the data from the financial statements to evaluate the performance of companies in different key areas. How would this information be used by a credit analyst as compared to someone is going to make an investment decision?
Of what significance is the DuPont system in the analysis of a firm’s financial position? How is the DuPont system used when evaluating a firm?
What recent government regulations have helped or hindered a firm’s ability to conduct its normal course of business, especially in the area of reporting requirements?
What is the difference between a contribution income statement and a traditional income statement? Under what circumstances would a firm use each?
What is a company segment? Why would a firm want to divide itself into operating segments? Why would a firm want to measure profits by segment? How would common costs be allocated to each of a company’s segments?
Research Proposal on Mobile Electronic Communication Device
The initial research proposal will consist of the following SIX (6) items:
1. Identify a business research topic
2. Define the research questions for the identified problem or opportunity
3. Select the appropriate research methodologies and techniques to use for the research project
4. Describe the research process
5. Describe data collection and analysis methods 6. Describe expected research outcomes Material on Research Methods.
7 Here are some questions to help you develop your business research proposal: PROBLEM STATEMENT: What exactly do I want to find out? What is a researchable problem? THEORY, ASSUMPTIONS, BACKGROUND LITERATURE: What does the relevant literature in the field.
What does the relevant literature in the field indicate about this problem? VARIABLES AND HYPOTHESES: What will I take as given in the environment i.e. what is the starting point? Which are the independent and which are the dependent variables? OPERATIONAL DEFINITIONS AND MEASUREMENT Does the problem need scoping/simplifying to make it achievable? What and how will the variables be measured? What degree of error in the findings is tolerable? RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY What is my overall strategy for doing this research? Will this design permit me to answer the research question? What constraints will the approach place on the work? INSTRUMENTATION/SAMPLING How will I get the data I need to test my hypothesis? What tools or devices will I use to make or record observations? How will I choose the sample? What degree of accuracy or level of confidence can I guarantee? DATA ANALYSIS What combinations of analytical and statistical process will be applied to the data? Which of these will allow me to accept or reject my hypotheses? CONCLUSIONS, INTERPRETATIONS, RECOMMENDATIONS Was my initial hypothesis supported or rejected? Why? What are the implications of my findings for the theory base, for the background assumptions, or relevant literature? What recommendations result from the work? What suggestions can I make for further research on this topic?
Word limit 2000
This is final assignment which should be based on Initial proposal.
1 Aim and motivation of the research/topic.
2. Research Objectives 3. Background and literature review.
4. Research Gap
5. Research methods
6. Research design: data, data samples, data collection methods
7. Data analysis
8. Gantt chart.
Managerial Control System
Take home exam is the case study “Statoil”, p.487, Chapter 11 Remedies to the Myopia Problem.
1. Statoil managers claim that their company no longer prepares a budget. What do they meanby that claim?(5 marks)
2. Why did Statoil decide to abandon budgeting?(5 marks)
3. Describe the new processes that Statoil implemented to replace the budget. What are itsstrengths and weaknesses?(8 marks)
4. Is the Statoil “Ambition-to-Action” system just a routine implementation of the BeyondBudgeting approach, or does it include some additional features or fail to uphold some ofthe Beyond Budgeting principles?(8 marks)
5. The “Beyond Budgeting” approach is still relatively rare outside Europe. Why? Is theresomething about non-European cultures that limits its applicability, or are other companiesjust slow to catch on to an innovation that has started in Europe? (6 marks)
6. Statoil managers were displeased with the traditional budgeting process that thecompany formerly used. Why?(7marks)
7. What are the major differences between a traditional budgeting process and the
Statoil “Ambition-to-Action” process? (7 marks)
8. Referencing using Harvard style and presentation (4 marks)
The following matters should be given particular attention:
System Analysis and Design
Group Assignment Requirements
In this group assignment (maximum 5 students) you are required to use the systems approach to investigate a business and propose business solution for the Acme Garage—Case Study. You, as a team, are required to produce a short report between 2000 and 2500 words).
The following sections are suggestions for the groups’ consideration:
State the purpose of the report.
2. Business Overview
Write up a brief overview of the company:
- Key Activities
- Functional Decomposition
- Current processes,
- Requirement Determination,
- DFD (Context, Level 0 and Level 10
- Logical Modelling (Decision Table Decision Tree …..)
- Data Modelling (ER Diagram)
- Class, Use Case, Activity and Sequence Diagrams)
4. Requirement Specification
- Functional and Non-Functional
5. Proposed Business Solution
- Forms, Reports, User Interface design
6. Project Feasibility
- Cost, Benefit, Risk Analysis
- Maintenance Request
- Requests for Implementing Changes
- Recommend a key area for detailed analysis. Justify your suggestions.
Describe the differences between the yield to maturity (YTM) and the yield to call (YTC) on a bond. Why would the return to the investor be different if a bond is called? Why?
What are bond ratings and how do they affect the ability of the firm to raise funds? Are these ratings similar to the ratings for a country or a company?
What are the differences between common stock and preferred stock? Explain your answers.
Differentiate between the real risk free rate and the nominal risk free rate of interest. Which should be used when used to assign value or cost to an asset? Why?
What is the beta coefficient and how is it used to adjust for different levels of risk?
Explain why the cost of debt is typically different than the cost of equity. Give examples and explain your answers.
What are the pros and cons of the decision rules for the NPV, the IRR, the MIRR, and the payback methods? Which is the most accurate method and why?
What are sunk costs? Should they be included in the cash flow estimation when making a capital budgeting decision? Why or why not?
Cost of Capital
What are the implications of a change in the return on equity with an increase in debt financing?
What is the relationship between business risk, financial risk, and beta (systematic or market risk)
Explain how the degree of operating and financial leverage can change the profitability of the firm when sales levels change significantly. Use examples and explain your answers.
Our Assignment Experts are extremely Professional in providing Assignment Help upto PhD level
Sign up to our newsletter and get exclusive deals you wont find anywhere else straight to your inbox!
© 2015 MSA Homework Help All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: MSA Homework Help provides reference papers to the student and we strongly recommend you not to submit the papers as it is. Please use our solutions as model answer to improve your skills.